Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Emory Press Conference “Press * 1"

Emory University Hospital and Amber Vinson held a press conference today, Oct 28, 2014. My intentions were to listen and learn about her experience with Ebola, how press conferences were handled, maybe FB and tweet a little, you know - enter cautiously. This was high-level. I set in a hotel lobby and dialed into the conference.

I informed the host that I would not be asking questions. He put me on a listen only line. I muted the microphone and put on headphones. The line went silent for a while. Later, the connection clicked. I heard “press *1”. I did. The conference call went live. I listened intensely. The connection seemed a little dicey though I was on 4G, 4 Bars. Slowly, the connection became very clear.

After Ms Vincent spoke, the Emory physician took questions from the audience. I considered possible tweets. Then… I heard an announcement that the next question comes online from Al Hardy at Asset Management for Healthcare. Not the best situation but what are you going to do? Ask a question of course. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment