Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Telemedicine to isolated communities?

Kyle Murphy, PhD. and I connected because of a discussion concerning Electronic Health Records in Rural Communities.  As I talk about in my book, Covering Your Assets By Exposing The Butt-Ugly Truth, rural more than sums up my upbrinhging.  So, he got my attention with his comments about the term "meaningful use" and healthcare in rural areas. "...HIT is meaningless unless it impacts a patient’s care in an effective and meaningful way."


Right now there is money for healthcare organization to improve services and care of their patients.  But, are places like Coosa County, Alabama being left out.   Please click on the link to his article
http://ehrintelligence.com/2012/05/07/how-important-is-telemedicine-to-isolated-communities/

No comments:

Post a Comment