Monday, May 21, 2012

If Stanley Black and Decker Buys Aeroscout


I saw the news announcing a possible Aeroscout acquisition 2 weeks ago.  That morning, I scrolled through the Twitter feeds -  Euro Zone issues,  Vladimir Putin update, someone trying to sell something, someone trying to sell something else,  Aeroscout sold … okay, stop.  I double-tapped on the update.  Aeroscout up for sale … couple hundred million U.S. Dollars.  An hour later, I was still tracking down leads.

It took over a week before more news reports stated that the unconfirmed buyer was Stanley Black and Decker.  A member of the Linkedin, Asset Management for Healthcare Group had posted the same much earlier.  Most of the people with whom I spoke believed that the buyer would be a publicly traded company.  I started tracking RFID related stocks on my blog through Google Finance - HP, Emerson Electric, Avery Denison, Stanley Black and Decker (Stanley Healthcare Solutions), and Cisco. This gives my blog readers the opportunity to see if there will be any effect on the stock price of the buying company.

With the press reports of Stanley Black and Decker as a possible buyer, I looked closer at their corporate structure.  I looked at the information from Stanley Black and Decker, Stanley Healthcare Solutions, and InfoLogix.  My findings are from a Healthcare and Asset Management perspectives.

As of 5/20/2012, Stanley Black and Decker listed the following segments, Construction and DIY(Do-It-Yourself), Industrial and Security.  The senior management titles for those segments fell along the lines of Construction and DIY, Security Solutions, Professional Power Tools and Products, then Engineered Fasteners. Stanley Healthcare falls under Security.

Moving down to where Aeroscout may fall, I found no list of who directly manages Stanley Healthcare Solutions (SHS) - no general manager, no CEO, no SVP.  There were no links back to the Stanley Black and Decker website, either.  This means that all financial reporting for SHS probably falls under Security Solutions.

21 brands were listed under SHS.  The logos appeared under the Brands tab.  Some of logo icons took me to websites.  Others took me to descriptions.  Either way, the website contained no list or information on the leadership managing those individual brands.

I thought I would find something under the Infologix site.  In this case, I did find a link back to the corporate Stanley Black and Decker site.  But there was nothing leadership specific about InfoLogix.

HIA, Healthcare Informatics Associates, showed their consultants but none of the leadership structure.  It appeared to fall under the Security segment as well.

In contrast, Aeroscout’s leadership is laid out fairly well for those interested in their technology: CEO, General Manager for Healthcare, Vice-President of Professional Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment